DCSR are proud to have been working with Vormetric since 2003 and have installed the Vormetric solution in many European client sites. The solution known in previous versions as CoreGuard, Vormetric Encryption Expert, Policy Enforcement Module or PEM is now used to secure data for PCI, Intellectual Property Protection, Human Resource (HR), Cloud based storage, Patient Records or the myriad of other regulatory mandates set by governments or Financial Institutions.
The Vormetric solution, Vormetric Data Security Manager, is based on two components, firstly a Data Security Manager appliance (DSM) which provides central management, encryption key storage and system auditing with the second element being a software agent which is loaded on the target servers to be protected and operates transparently to any application. This combination means the Vormetric solution is highly scalable and provides maximum performance when encrypting large amounts of data either in a database or a flat file structure.
The system provides:
- Centralised policy management and audit across the distributed enterprise for file systems, databases and applications.
- Application and database transparent data security – eliminating application and database change requirements often seen in other solutions.
- Strong encryption with access control of users or applications to protected data, each with unique encryption keys if required across all platforms, applications and devices.
- Centralised, secure encryption key storage of all keys to enable easy management as well as key rotation when required. The DSM can store and control keys for Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) for both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server as well as the Vormetric generated keys. This allows organisations to have a common solution to protect both structured and unstructured data that has been encrypted using other systems but bringing together a universal enterprise key management solution.
- Feather-weight security infrastructure for distributed and multi-layered environments.
- Highly configurable security and policy enforcement through granular access control, audit and host integrity capabilities.
- Comprehensive logging of all access, or attempted access, to data giving Who-What-When-Where information.
- Strong Data Security for Any File, Any Database, Under Any Application – Anywhere!
Vormetric Data Security Expert has helped hundreds of the world’s most well-known companies and government departments to protect sensitive information, comply with a myriad of regulatory data security Acts, such as PCI DSS, Data Protection Act both in Europe and the UK and now the many US based regulations which effect European companies such as Sarbanes-Oxley. Vormetric is the only single solution that protects sensitive information on multiple platforms in any form of storage, even in the cloud, throughout the data lifecycle – from the data centre to the branch office, virtual hosted environment to disaster recovery nodes.
Vormetric Data Security Expert is a centrally managed with high performance to manage data security across the distributed enterprise. We have deployed Vormetric in as little as two days to immediately provide a strong combination of encryption, access control, key management, audit and host integrity for files and databases.
While other combined multi-vendor, or even single point, solutions can take months to deploy, due to code re-writing or process changes being required, Vormetric solves these challenges through a lightweight architecture built upon their high performance technology foundation.
Previous versions or components of The Vormetric solution were named:
- Vormetric Data Encryption Expert
- Policy Enforcement Module